Support Your Local Herb Shop!
I love local herb shops! They are sometimes the most interesting store in the town! Full of local remedies, consciously wildcrafted herbs and handcrafted natural medicines.
It’s where you’ll find nature all packaged up in the most healing and beautiful ways imaginable.
Support your local herb shop! You are sustaining local herbalists, healers, small farms and families.
The message is loud and clear about the value of eating local. It supports local economy, families and small businesses.
Just like we want to eat local and shop local, well, the same goes for your herbs and natural remedies.
Local Food. Local Medicine.
Local Farm. Local Pharmacy.
Most of the herbal medicine makers I know are stewards. Stewards of the earth, the land and the gardens where the herbs grow.
They are also stewards of their communities, tuned into what medicines their people really need and what needs to be created to help people be well.
Most herb shops are not only filled with amazing healing remedies but they almost always have an education track. You can take classes and learn how to use the healing remedies more effectively.
You can connect with other people that are making changes, creating a healthy lifestyle and contributing to a cultural shift that honors the earth and gentle healing ways.
I have to say, I have met some of the most wonderful people through the whole handcrafted herbal movement that comes together in herb shops!
And it is a movement….. There is a huge resurgence of interest in herbal remedies. People want an alternative. People want to be informed about how to work with and use natural remedies to take care of their health.
We are working our way through the symptom suppression mindset that we grew up and embracing wellness practices that are self-care and earth-care focused.
Your local herb shop is a place where it all comes together. Love of the earth, the plants, the craft of herbal medicine making, the knowledge to make it all real and a place to reclaim our human heritage of knowing how to respect and use the plants to stay well.
I want to give a shout out to all the plant apothecaries, herb shops, herb rooms, herbal tea houses and all of the amazing herbalists, people that love the earth and make medicine to keep their people well.
Infuse your local economy, feed your local farmer, invest in your community herbalist and buy your natural remedies from your community herb store.
I am putting together a list of all the herb shops I can find.
Can you please help me in supporting the herb shop keepers?
Do you know of another herb shop that we can put on the list?
If you know of an herb shop that isn’t on our list, please leave a comment and tell us about your favorite herb shop and we will add it to the list!
3) Crimson Sage Nursery –Orleans, CA
7) Food Bin and Herb Room- Santa Cruz, CA
8) The Fountain of You- Laytonville, CA
9) Fremont Natural Foods- Fremont, CA
10) Garden of Eden Apothecary- Pt. Reyes Station
12) Gold Trail Natural Foods- Jackson, CA
13) Grateful Desert Herb Shop & EcoMarket- Joshua Tree, CA
17) Lhasa Karnak Herb Company- Berkeley, CA
18) Lovejoy’s Tea Room – San Francisco, CA
20) Natural Life Foods- Pleasant Hill, CA
24) Rosemary’s Garden- Sebastopol, CA
25) Roots Herbal Apothecary- Point Arena, CA
26) Sacred Well- Oakland, CA
28) Scarlet Sage Herb- San Francisco, CA
29) Sereni-tea- Mt. Shasta, CA
30) The Stinging Nettle- Sonoma, CA
31) Sunshine Herb Shop- Auburn, CA
33) West County Herb Company- Occidental, CA
34) Green Goddess House of Herbs –Phoenix, AZ
36) Winter Sun- Flagstaff, AZ
38) Herbs and Spice and Everything Nice- Montrose, CO
39) Sage Consulting and Apothecary- Colorado Springs- CO
43) The Herb Corner- Melbourne, FL
44) Infused Tea Company – Saint Petersburg, FL
45) Leaves and Roots- Orlando, FL
46) Mama Jo’s Sunshine Herbs- Indian Harbour Beach, FL
48) Your Big Picture Cafe – Davie, FL
50) Gallery Espresso – Savannah, GA
51) The Herb Pantry- Boise, ID
52) Herbs and Heirlooms- Terre Haute, IN
53) Monarch Apothecary and Milk Weed Soaps- Gosport, IN
54) Maypop Commuity Herb Shop- New Orleans, LA
55) Zensations Apothecary- Baltimore, MD
56) Acadia Herbals- Northampton, MA
58) Blue Boy Herbs- Carriere, MS
59) Sweet Gum Springs Apothecary- Starkville, MS
60) Butterfly Herbs – Missoula, MO
62) Olive May- East Orange, NJ
63) Clary Sage Herbarium- Portland, OR
67) Dandelion Botanical Company- Seattle, WA
71) Tenzing Momo – Seattle, WA
72) Good Natured Market & Vegetarian Café-
74) Tonic Herb Shop- Shepherdstown, WV
75) Community Pharmacy- Madison, WI
Outside of U.S.
Hello I’m Kami, Welcome to Living Awareness!
I believe every family needs to have someone on board with a working knowledge of natural remedies if you want to take care of your family’s health for real.
When I was growing up, natural remedies was not a mainstream concept like it is now, in fact, you are going to be surprised that I never even heard the word natural remedy until I moved out of the house!
In my early 20’s I met someone by chance that told me about holistic health and herbal medicine. I wondered why nobody had talked to me about it before and had a voracious appetite to learn everything I could.
Now, 30 years later I've helped thousands of people demystify the world of herbal medicine and become empowered in using herbal self-care in their home to prevent illness, take care of common ailments and protect their health naturally.
For 20 years I've had a clinical herbal practice connecting people with plants and their wellness. I've developed and taught herbal curriculum for UCSF School of Nursing and the Integral Health Master’s Degree Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
Stick with me! You’ll learn awesome herbal self-care, get inspired to be more self-sufficient in your health care and nourish a deep love for the herbs and how to use them, knowing you are doing the very best you can to care for your wellness.
Latest posts by Kami McBride (see all)
- Plant Communication and Bridging the Gap in Your Herbal Learning - September 23, 2017
- What is Plant Communication? - September 15, 2017
- Kitchen Spice Medicine: Turmeric Curried Onions - August 28, 2017
- The Awe of Sitting with the Blue Whale Bones - August 27, 2017