Soak Away Your Stress with an Herbal Foot Bath
If you are looking to feel better and keep from getting sick, take your self-care seriously. Creating personal rituals to reduce your stress is one of the best ways to support your everyday health. I love making herbal foot baths as a way to keep my stress in check.
Immerse the multitudes of nerve endings in your feet into a tub of herbal tea, and let the herbs work you over. It is a treatment of least effort yet the effects are impressive.
Try getting into the habit of making a foot soak for yourself any time you feel fatigued, stressed out or a little out of sorts on any level. I do foot soaks after a long day of teaching, hiking or working in the garden.
What could a foot soak help you with? Does anything come to mind that a little stress relief could help? Just imagine soaking your feet in a warm bath of aromatic and healing herbs….
Steeping your feet in herbal tea is a delicious way to care for your body. Foot soaks are a feast for the feet.
My husband, ten year old son and I do foot soaks at the end of the day as a way to bond, hang out and generally just chill together. It definitely makes for an easier transition to bedtime for my son that does not like going to bed.
Who would you like to make an herbal foot soak for?
1) Put one gallon of water into a large pot
2) Put one cup of dried herbs into pot
3) Bring water and herbs to a boil, turn off the heat and let herbs infuse for one hour with the lid on the pot. Now have a very big pot of tea!
4) Leave herbs in the water for the foot bath or strain them out
5) Re-heat to the perfect temperature just before using
6) Pour strained or unstrained tea into a foot basin. I like to leave the herbs in, they continue to infuse into the water and I enjoy their color and texture
7) Soak your feet for ten minutes or for as long as you like, sometimes I even fall asleep like this!
8) It isn’t much of a mess to clean up; when you are finished, just pour the water and herbs into a garden bed outside
My favorite herbs to use for a relaxing foot soak are rose petals and chamomile. You can use them separately or mix them all together to give yourself a mini home-spa treatment.
Take your self-care to another level; try your hand (or feet) at herbal foot soaks.
Hello I’m Kami, Welcome to Living Awareness!
I believe every family needs to have someone on board with a working knowledge of natural remedies if you want to take care of your family’s health for real.
When I was growing up, natural remedies was not a mainstream concept like it is now, in fact, you are going to be surprised that I never even heard the word natural remedy until I moved out of the house!
In my early 20’s I met someone by chance that told me about holistic health and herbal medicine. I wondered why nobody had talked to me about it before and had a voracious appetite to learn everything I could.
Now, 30 years later I've helped thousands of people demystify the world of herbal medicine and become empowered in using herbal self-care in their home to prevent illness, take care of common ailments and protect their health naturally.
For 20 years I've had a clinical herbal practice connecting people with plants and their wellness. I've developed and taught herbal curriculum for UCSF School of Nursing and the Integral Health Master’s Degree Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
Stick with me! You’ll learn awesome herbal self-care, get inspired to be more self-sufficient in your health care and nourish a deep love for the herbs and how to use them, knowing you are doing the very best you can to care for your wellness.
Latest posts by Kami McBride (see all)
- Plant Communication and Bridging the Gap in Your Herbal Learning - September 23, 2017
- What is Plant Communication? - September 15, 2017
- Kitchen Spice Medicine: Turmeric Curried Onions - August 28, 2017
- The Awe of Sitting with the Blue Whale Bones - August 27, 2017