How to Make Herbal Bath Tea Bags
Using bath tea bags is the easiest and most convenient way to get healing herbs into your bath tub.
Bath Tea Bags are made with dried herbs. I have a large jar full of them in the bathroom cupboard.
Grabbing a bath bag is part of setting up for bath time at our house. My family members get out their towel, pajamas and a bath tea bag before settling into their healing routine of the evening bath. Bath tea bags are easy to create and make great gifts.
Herbal bathing is relaxing, enjoyable and an invaluable self-care tool. Reducing stress is one of the most effective things we can do to increase our vitality and taking time to luxuriate in the bath is a well-known stress-buster. If you enjoy bathing, then an herbal bathing routine can be one of your best tools for taming the accumulated stress and tension of everyday life.
Make your own bath tea bag by putting four tablespoons of dried herbs into a sock, old piece of T-shirt fabric, cotton muslin tea bag or just about any kind of tightly woven cloth. Use string or a rubber band and tie the cloth shut to make a sachet/pouch/bath bag with the herbs in the cloth.
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- Add herbs to sock or muslin or cotton pouch.
- Secure the sock or pouch tightly so the herbs don’t spill out.
- Hook or loosely tie the little sachet of herbs under the tub spout so the water will pour through your home made bath tea bag as your bath fills up.
- Once your bath is drawn just let the sachet of herbs float in the tub.
- Squeeze the bath bag several times while you are in the bath.
- Breathe in the scent and watch the water change color.
- Remove the Bath Tea Bag when you are finished with your bath
- Herbal bath tea bags can be used three times within about four days. If the wet pouch sits around longer than that it gets moldy. We use the same pouch for three days in a row then remove the herbs
- Rinse the herbs out of the pouch. Wash and dry the material that you used to make the bath tea bag and re-use it
I purchase cotton muslin at the fabric store, cut it into seven inch by seven inch pieces. Place the herbs into the muslin and then wrap it with a rubber band so the herbs don’t leak out.
I love herbal bathing because it is a powerful therapy that is easily incorporated into our busy lives. Everyone washes with water; it really is not that much extra effort to throw some herbs into the routine. I bathe in herbs almost daily and feel that my herbal bathing rituals are an extremely important part of my preventive health care plan, they just make me feel good!
To learn more about how to create personalizes healing baths for your self-care see my e-book: How to Create Healing Herbal Baths. Enjoy Your Herbal Baths!
Hello I’m Kami, Welcome to Living Awareness!
I believe every family needs to have someone on board with a working knowledge of natural remedies if you want to take care of your family’s health for real.
When I was growing up, natural remedies was not a mainstream concept like it is now, in fact, you are going to be surprised that I never even heard the word natural remedy until I moved out of the house!
In my early 20’s I met someone by chance that told me about holistic health and herbal medicine. I wondered why nobody had talked to me about it before and had a voracious appetite to learn everything I could.
Now, 30 years later I've helped thousands of people demystify the world of herbal medicine and become empowered in using herbal self-care in their home to prevent illness, take care of common ailments and protect their health naturally.
For 20 years I've had a clinical herbal practice connecting people with plants and their wellness. I've developed and taught herbal curriculum for UCSF School of Nursing and the Integral Health Master’s Degree Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
Stick with me! You’ll learn awesome herbal self-care, get inspired to be more self-sufficient in your health care and nourish a deep love for the herbs and how to use them, knowing you are doing the very best you can to care for your wellness.